Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Winding back up...

Well I need to get this ball rolling again, it has been too long! It seems the longer you let a blog sit the harder it is to start posting again. I literally have a clog of ideas, happenings and thoughts that I feel like I should post.

Since May I have been to Hawaii, Singapore and the very exotic Portland, OR. All of them were outrageously great trips.

Hawaii was our first anniversary trip, compliments of travel miles and Hilton points.

The Singapore government paid to take me on a tour of their cuisine. It was mind-blowing. More about that later…

A chef’s conference took me to Portland. Portland is a great town, a little granola but nice. I got to visit some wineries (superb Pinot Noir) and tour some farms; Hops and Hogs! The weather was beautiful, the food was great and Portland is a big city with a small town feel which I love. We had a reception one night at the Pittock Mansion; just a bunch of chefs, great food, wine and cigars in an early 1900’s mansion with a great overlook of the city.
http://pittockmansion.com/

No comments: